Sunday, February 3, 2013

Children's

Mason is in the NICU at Children's. I can't believe how nice everyone is up here! The nurses are amazing and so helpful.  We were able to get a room at the Ronald McDonald House on the same floor as the NICU. It has been so nice being able to be so close to Mason. Families donate and serve the meals, so we never have to leave! We've also been able to catch up on some sleep.

He's doing well. He has a CPAP hooked up to help him breath and clean out his lungs. The little stinker has a good grip and wants to pull it out, so they had to put mittens on him last night. They started feed him my breastmilk at 11 am yesterday morning through a tube in is nose every two hours. He's tolerating that well, so they're going to try to up his feedings today. I'm trying to pump every 2 hours to get enough for his feedings.
 
Richard and I both got to hold him yesterday! That was my first time, so I was extremely happy. I think that was one of the hardest parts for me... giving birth and having a beautiful baby boy and not being able to hold him.
 
He gets extremely mad when he has a wet diaper. When it's changed, he's instantly happy again =) Daddy can't get that done fast enough! He's been a good diaper changer...I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure I will very soon!
 
 






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys. He is beautiful! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, Jenny & Mason,
    Love the pictures of your precious new addition. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you all and we hope you can all be home soon.

    Koop family

    ReplyDelete